Administrative Assistant I – Full-time
VON Canada - Trenton, ON
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in office administration, office information technology or a related field or related relevant experience
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs
- Experience with scheduling software and Cognos is considered an asset
- Experience with a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Criminal records and vulnerable sector check
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
The Administrative Assistant I is responsible for administrative support functions to assist VON in providing quality service to internal and external customers. The position acts as a resource for the management team and other team members by collecting and responding to incoming correspondence, creating and formatting documents, and other related job functions. The SMILE Program encompasses several counties.
- Responds to any general inquiries including answering telephone calls and ensuring staff, volunteers, clients and visitors are greeted and directed to the appropriate resource in a friendly courteous manner.
- Responds to messages from the answering service as required.
- Greets and directs all in-office visitors and in-coming calls.
- Ensures incoming and outgoing correspondence is distributed accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the mail pick-up and drop off.
- Answers general inquiries regarding the VON organization with informed and satisfactory responses.
- Distributes departmental mail, including mail outs, postal meter, and internal departmental mail.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and appointments as requested.
- Prepares all general correspondences, memos, forms, minutes, brochures, invitations, staff lists, reports and other documents as directed.
- Assists in the production of newsletters (including collection of material, typing/formatting and photocopying/printing) and in standardizing processes and forms.
- Manages filing systems for all client, personnel and general files, ensuring accuracy, security and confidentiality.
- Updates policies/procedures and manuals as required.
- Inputs relevant information and produce reports, statistics and data as directed for the efficient operation of the function.
- Orders supplies, receives and maintains an inventory of required supplies.
- Collaborates with teams for to organize logistics for special projects, events and seminars.
- Receives and receipts donation, and bill payments.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
External and Internal Relationships:
Communicates regularly and follow up with employees, managers and corporate services staff.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Hours: 37.5 per week - Days (Monday to Friday 8:30-16:30pm)
Closes: Aug 03, 2021
To apply follow these instructions
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.