Customer Care Agent (Bilingual French)
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services - Kingston, ON
- Proficient in English and advanced level oral French
Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills:
- Customer service experience responding to inquiries, providing accurate information and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment
- Interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met
- Effectively adapt services to meet the varying needs of customers
- Research, Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, business communications, etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions
- Can effectively probe for information, assess situations and determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
- Knowledge of research and information gathering methods
- You are a clear, concise oral communicator and have experience providing detailed explanations of programs, services or procedures to customers
- Experience providing written responses to customers’ requests for information
- Experience applying effective telephone techniques, customer service principles and quality standards when dealing with diverse inquiries and client groups
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
- Organizational and Multi-tasking Skills:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
- Experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information
- Criminal Record Check
At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services – online, in person, at kiosks and by phone.
Our vision is to be recognized for meeting or exceeding customer expectations with our service, solutions, leadership and people…EVERY TIME.
If you are an excellent telephone communicator, enjoy working in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career in our contact centre as a customer care agent may be for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Contribute to a team that provides 24/7 access to information and support services to customers using the telephone
- Perform various transactions and support electronic transactions related to government programs, services, legislation, policies and procedures
- Proactively provide guidance and support to customers in completing forms and in the use of self-service systems
- Review and respond to email, mail and fax inquiries
- Research and verify information via databases, websites, and resource documents
- Maintain accurate documentation on transactions and identify frequent requests and recurring complaints, and provide input regarding improvements to websites, information tools, resource databases
Type of Job: Full Time, Temporary,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $24.30 - $28.15 per hour (as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement)
Closes: Jun 04, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 150487 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.