Customer Care Representative
Service Ontario - Kingston, ON
- Must be proficient in English and advanced level oral French (for the bilingual positions only)
Please note that there are 30 (4 Bilingual & 26 Non-Bilingual) Temporary assignments/contracts for up to 12 months with the possibility of extensionDownload Posting
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- You have experience providing customer service responding to inquiries, providing advice and information, and resolving customer issues in a high-volume, customer service or call centre environment
- You are a clear, concise oral communicator and can ask appropriate questions to better understand customer inquiries
- You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to probe for information, assess situations and determine appropriate course of action
- You can effectively analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
- You demonstrate judgement and tact when interacting with customers
Collaboration and Organizational Skills
- You have flexibility and collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met
- You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views, ideas and opinions to help make decisions
- You have planning and organization skills to organize and prioritize workloads
- You have general knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
- You have demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, etc.) in order to determine whether or not information can be disclosed to customers
- You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
- You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information
- You have administrative skills and can accurately maintain filing systems
Type of Job: Contract, Temporary,
Hourly Wage/Salary: 25.71 - $29.82 per hour
Hours: To Be Determined
Closes: Sep 28, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 154503 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us. 4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure mustinclude positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, September 28, 2020 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.