Electrical Technologist Position (Temporary, may lead to permanent) Kingston Region
- 3-year Electrical Engineering Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess exceptional organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications capabilities required
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the scope of work
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts
- Proven experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast paced environment, strong attention to detail is required on a daily basis
- Knowledge of different types of Man Machine Interfaces
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives
- Knowledge of conduit construction and installation
- Knowledge of running wire, making connections and labelling
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and guidelines (e.g. CSA, TSSA, NFPA)
- Knowledge of equipment to select for field installations
- Ability to create logic ladder diagrams for PLC
- Ability to program PLC Systems, preferably OMRON
- Ability to properly install electrical equipment and conduits
- Ability to create technical drawings (e.g. AutoCad) of the control system configuration
- Ability to read technical drawings (e.g. AutoCad, SolidWorks) to mount electrical equipment according to design
- Skills in troubleshooting to resolve field issues
- Skills in organizing workload and time to work on simultaneous projects
- Has good communication skills and the ability to work in teams with both technical professionals and hourly employees
- Recognizes internal customers (treats other employees as customers)
- Maintains co-operative working relationships with customers, community, as well as the entire staff of Draeger
- Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations
- Authorities for this position are those specified directly or formally delegated in the ISO Procedures and Work Instructions
- Must have ability to perform physical work and to lift 50 pounds as part of day-to-day work.
- The position is based in Kingston ON, and will involve travel.
Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Contact our recruiters at 1-800-265-2833.
We love referrals. Share opportunities with friends and family on Manpower Eastern Ontario Facebook page to increase your compensation for each successful referral. Also, check out Manpower’s career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrow’s jobs at www.manpower.ca/mypath
Type of Job: Full Time, Permanent Full-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: Mar 31, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.