Film and Media Technician
Queen's University Department Film and Media - Kingston, ON
- Knowledge of all areas of video and digital production is required, which is normally acquired through a 3-year post-secondary diploma program.
- Further experience in film, video, digital production, electronics and/or computer engineering is an asset.
- The ability to communicate well in an instructional situation is needed, as the Technician assists students in developing practical skills.
- Experience with CMS or computerized booking and circulation systems would be an asset.
- Experience in video editing is an asset.
- Abilities or interest in learning network/system administration is an asset.
- Animation skills are an asset.
- Good understanding of computer and audio hardware are an asset.
- Staff the equipment room during open hours and/or coordinate the staffing of work-study students.
- Daily inspection and testing on returned equipment and perform preventive maintenance as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of the building security system by scheduling door access to film and media rooms, monitoring room openings and closures, issuing FOBs to staff, students or faculty, and cancelling lost or stolen FOBs within the on-line electronic system.
- Set up, provide support for and troubleshoot software and hardware in the computer-based facilities used by students and faculty for video post-production and multimedia production.
- Support students by troubleshooting post-production processes.
- Support students with post-production workflows.
- Assist in classroom technology set up or troubleshooting when needed.
- Liaise with software companies regarding purchasing, upgrades, and technical support.
- Maintain and update Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects), and post-production software (Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Cinema 4D, Blender)
- Maintain and update Motion graphics, Visual effects, Final Cut Pro, and ProTools software packages.
- Provide support for other departmental computing facilities, as requested by the Department Head or Senior Technician.
- Run demonstration workshops on the use of software, editing aesthetics and techniques, and specialized software-based production skills (for example: colour correction, DCP creation, motion graphics, animation).
- Run demonstration workshops on Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects), and post-production software (Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Cinema 4D, Blender), in support of faculty.
- Run demonstration workshops on the use of Motion graphics, Visual effects, Final Cut Pro, Apple Logic Pro X and/or Reaper, and ProTools software packages, in support of faculty.
- Run demonstration workshops on editing, animation, and post-production, in support of faculty.
- Maintain the booking system for editing suites, other production labs, and the equipment room.
- Conduct daily checks of the editing suites, Digital Media Lab and other production labs.
- Attend Production Committee meetings, which are typically once per month. Participate by providing advice and help to establish best practices in the department with regards to software usage, media management and other post-production needs.
- Provide orientation on the use of software packages, as well as support and troubleshooting for individual students at all undergraduate levels and other clients using the labs.
- Use a ladder or lift to access the lighting grids in the Production Studio and in the Art and Media Lab, when necessary, for Film and Media or Cultural Studies projects.
Type of Job: Permanent Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: Salary: $30 766.80
Hours: 21 hours per week
Closes: Jun 03, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
Please Apply to Queen’s HR here: https://documents.njoyn.com/cl4/xweb/XWeb.asp?NTKN=c&clid=74827&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0420-0614&BRID=158740&lang=1
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.