Food Bank & Volunteer Coordinator
- Have job-related experience in volunteer management, leading teams and/or organizations
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to volunteer management
- Must provide an up-to-date Canadian Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector (CPIC) before commencing employment
- Valid Class G driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and the internet
Gleaners Food Bank is also providing a $2 per hour Covid premium, to the wage, this will cease June 30th or when the Covid-19 pandemic is declared over. Staff is screened daily and all clients are served curbside or receive delivery. We also provide Health Care Benefits after 3-month probation.Download Posting
- Outstanding ability to build relationships and work with others to get things done and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work productively with frequent interruptions
- A self-starter, able to work independently and as part of the team
- Exemplary communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Creative thinking skills, including knowledge of trends, best practices and upcoming technology
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience and understanding of a non-profit or food organization is an asset
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Foodbank and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Foodbank and Michelangelo Cafe. Responsible to recruit, interview, orient, inform and oversee all volunteers’ activities related to Gleaners Foodbank, Warehouse operations, and special events. In addition, this person is responsible to maintain an up-to-date list of community resources for clients. This position is also responsible for the day to day health and safety.
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $17.96 per hour
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Closes: Feb 12, 2021
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.