Food Safety Sanitor
PSSI - Belleville, ON
JOB PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Sanitors are considered to be qualified (fully trained) when they achieve satisfactorily the following five categories:
- Eight steps of sanitation – Capable of following all the steps with detailed supervision.
- Safety – Understanding and compliance of all safety policies covered during training.
- Chemical s- Understanding of chemical types, labeling, PPE and warnings regarding to mixing chemicals.
- Pace – Work at an acceptable speed to deliver the plant on time.
- Attendance – Dependability in both: arriving and completing the work shift and compliance with attendance
- Accountable for his/her own actions
- ability to take direction and instruction from managers
- Prompt and timely
- Safety awareness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to focus on tasks at hand
- Communication with peers
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in environments with extreme temperature fluctuations.
The position performs sanitation labor by performing the eight steps of sanitation while understanding and
complying with all food safety and safety policies and procedures. The food safety sanitor must understand how to
work with necessary chemicals, work at a pace that delivers a clean plant to the customer on time and abide by
company policies, including satisfactory attendance.
To be qualified to perform a food safety sanitor job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Work cooperatively with leads and PSSI management to ensure sanitation procedures are followed.
- Frequently lift hoses, equipment and chemical containers, etc.
- Wear employer-specified PPE (gloves, face shield, eye goggles, aprons, boots, safety glasses, etc.).
- Exposure to chemicals (with PPE required for the task).
- All night standing, lifting, crouching for periods at a time.
- Perform all tasks safely.
- Use Lock-out/Tag-out.
- Other duties as assigned
- Food safety and safety awareness
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
- Start-up shift available on Sundays to receive extra hours
- Manufacturing facility, Belleville location, accessible by bus route.
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To Be Determined
Hours: 10:00 pm to 6:30 am Monday to Friday
Closes: Oct 16, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.