Full-Time Support Services Worker
Community Living Belleville and Area - Belleville, ON
JOB POSTING NO.: SSW 20-01
DATE OF POSTING: February 11, 2020 at 9:30 am
CLOSING DATE & TIME: February 28, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Full-Time Support Services Worker
We are presently seeking applications for the above-noted position. This position will be commencing in March 2020.
Purpose of Position:
To maintain community homes appropriately so that direct support staff can support people with an intellectual disability to achieve their personal goals and facilitate relationships, skills and roles that promote people’s effective participation in the typical and valued life of the community.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must have minimum of high school diploma (college level trade courses will be an asset).
- Valid Driver’s license and insurable to drive any of the organization’s vehicles.
- Possess demonstrated competence level in minor drywall repair, carpentry, plumbing and limited electrical work.
- Successful completion of the “Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems Training Program”.
- Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and duty to comply with worker responsibilities as outlined therein.
- Must be someone who demonstrates tact, excellent judgement, discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- High degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction in a demanding work environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the duty to comply with Employer responsibilities as outlined therein.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrating a professional and respectful relationship with people, recognizing that staff members are working in their home.
- Ensuring that the “Non-Emergency Maintenance Required” Log Book is checked regularly at the specific locations for which they are responsible and that routine maintenance tasks are performed as promptly as possible within the scope of the location manager. Such tasks might include: light drywall, carpentry or plumbing repair.
- Ensuring that emergency-related maintenance or unsafe conditions are reported immediately to the location manager for appropriate action or, in their absence, reported immediately to the Buildings & Property Manager.
- Perform well water testing at all rural locations.
- Ensuring that faulty appliances are inspected to determine if they can be repaired. If they can be repaired in-house, the Support Services Worker will undertake to do so. If they require outside servicing, the Support Service Worker will contact the designated appliance service for repair. If they cannot be repaired, the matter will be referred to the location manager and from there to the Building & Property Manager for resolution.
- Ensuring that monthly vehicle inspections are performed and maintenance requirements both of a routine and serious nature are reported to the appropriate manager.
- Providing weekend standby snow removal services during the months of November through to March of each year on a scheduled, rotational basis.
- Ensuring that ground fault interrupter testing (GFI) is performed once monthly and the appropriate manager receives confirmation of this.
- Ensuring that emergency generators are inspected tested and a record kept on a monthly basis of these inspections.
- Ensuring that fire extinguishers are inspected tested and a record kept on a monthly basis of these inspections.
All applicants to this posting are requested to submit a detailed resume, together with a covering letter quoting the posting number and indicating their interest in the position and the skills that they can bring to the position, no later than February 13, 2020 at 4:00 pm. Emphasis should be placed on additional training and development and administrative responsibilities that the applicant has that they feel would be beneficial for a person assuming this role.
There will be an interview process for this position. Not all applicants for the position will be selected for an interview. Applicants selected for an interview must meet the minimum criteria. Community Living Belleville and Area is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Type of Job: Permanent Full-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: Feb 28, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.