Health Care Aid/ Personal Support Worker
E. J McQuigge Lodge - Belleville, ON
- Graduate of an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- Applicant must also be able to pass a vulnerable sector police check.
- Past work history and experience
- Applicant must be COVID-19 tested prior to beginning work and also they will only be allowed to work here and not in another home or facility as per the ministry mandate.
- Will be in good health; able to tolerate constant standing and walking during working periods, able to lift and turn residents, visual and hearing acuity.
- Performs duties in accordance with the homes policies and procedures and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Program Manual.
- Assist in the development of resident care plans as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Provides care to residents, ensuring that it is in accordance with the established plan.
- Assists in the documentation of information pertaining to the care of the residents.
- Observes residents and reports symptoms and conditions to the supervisor.
- Assists in the maintenance of optimal safety standards to ensure the safety of resident, staff and visitors.
- Attends in-service sessions, staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assists with admission and discharge of residents.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees as directed.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all personnel in the home.
- Is courteous with residents, families and visitors.
- Is responsible for following all rules and regulation as set out by the company, personnel, fire, safety, etc.
- Respects and promotes the Residents Bill of Rights.
Type of Job: On call / casual,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To Be Determined
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closes: Oct 10, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.