In-Home Support Worker Position
Passionate about making a difference and helping others?
- DSW Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Currently in the DSW program looking for part-time work
- Must have a car and valid class G driver’s license
- Must have a Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Have Emergency First Aid Level C /CPR certification – Current
- Must be a non-smoker to work in a private, non-smoking home environment
- Have strong work ethics, show initiative and take pride in your work
- Be computer literate and know how to use Google and Microsoft suites
- Have a laptop for occasional research
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication are essential
- Ability to be sensitive to the patterns of the people (autism) you support
- Willing to learn new things (ex. TOUCH CHAT) and apply new methods
- Be patient, creative, flexible, gentle in nature, jovial and work 1:1 with client
- Confident to talk and engage with client who is shy and does not talk much
- Non-judgmental of clients who have some OCD behaviours
- Speak clearly to be understood by client – to allow processing of information
- Assist with personal growth and development, community involvement
- Participate in meal preparations
- Assist with advocacy and research when needed
- Assist with transportation to appointments and outings when needed
Type of Job: Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $20.00 per hour
Hours: 20.5 hours per week - days and times negotiable
Closes: Nov 10, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with DSW position showing in the subject line.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.