STEM Camp - Belleville, ON
- Proof of First Aid Certification
- Recent (within the last two years) Police Check in the Vulnerable Sector
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Currently enrolled or a graduate of a post-secondary school or a graduate of, a Faculty of Education program are encouraged to apply
The Lead Counsellor is responsible for the successful operation of their STEM Camp location.
Each Lead Counsellor reports directly to the Camp Director and other members of the Management Team at head office which includes the CEO and Executive Director.
** Please Note – this position is a Full-Time, contract (8-9 weeks) – depending on Canada Summer Job grants **
- Some experience with online gaming, coding and robotics is an asset such as Minecraft and Scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Teaching skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills (including videoconferencing),
- English proficiency are an asset
The responsibilities of a Lead Counsellor include but are not limited to:
- Training and supervising staff at your assigned location
- Ensuring that all emergency procedures are taught and practiced by all campers and staff at your location
- Ensuring a smooth pick-up and drop-off process at the start and end of each day
- Communicating with parents, either in person of by phone whenever a parent seeks assistance or information about the camp or their children
- Carrying out duties as assigned by the Camp Director or any other member of the management team which includes, CEO and Executive Director
- Purchasing extra camp supplies when approved by the Camp Director or other members of the Management Team
- Managing Counsellors-In-Training (CIT) at your location
- Leading activities with children of all ages when necessary
- Performing duties as a Camp Counsellor in an emergency situation should one of the regular Camp Counsellors be unable
- Administrative tasks including completing incident reports, accident reports, following up on absent campers and other administrative duties as assigned
- Engaging parents by providing appropriate and professional feedback
- Modelling appropriate behaviour and creating positive interactions in all daily routines and program delivery with campers and your peers
- Submitting to Head Office in cooperation with the Activity Coordinator, daily pictures and videos of activities taking place at STEM Camp within the confines of privacy laws
- Attending the mandatory training day for all Lead Counsellors
- Completing non-paid Health and Safety Training
- Adhering to all STEM Camp policies including “Policy for the Protection of Children”
- Adhering to the Activity Schedule and Training Manual
Type of Job: Contract, Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $14.25 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
Closes: May 01, 2021
To apply follow these instructions
Interested applicants, please visit www.stemcamp.ca/jobs/ to find the application page!
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.