Personal Support Worker
ParaMed - Belleville, ON
- PSW Certificate or equivalency (DSW Certificate, Internationally Trained RNs and Physicians, nursing students, etc.)
- First Aid / CPR certification is required
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon hire
- A vehicle and license with the ability to commute to and from client homes is required for current job openings
- Availability to work every other weekend
- Experience in personal care, ideally in a community setting
- Ability to communicate both through oral and written mediums
- Demonstrate compassion, tact, and diplomacy when interacting with clients and their families
- Experience working with the acutely ill, chronically ill or palliative clients is an asset
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a client-specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a client’s home.
Choose ParaMed for support, where we’ll provide you with paid orientation, mentorship, and ongoing training. Experience diversity and life long learning – where the skills that you learn contribute to making you confident and accomplished care professional.
Applicants, please apply to one of the following:
- Bring your resume to our Belleville office, 100 Bell Blvd Suite 330
- Submit your resume below
Type of Job: On call / casual, Permanent Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To Be Discussed
Hours: To Be Determined
Closes: Aug 31, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.