Remote IT Support Technician
OT Group - Belleville, ON
The successful candidate will have:
- Completion of a two-year College Computer Program, or, five (5) years’ experience in a computer related support role
- Certifications in A+, Network+ and/or a Microsoft technical certification
- Knowledge of the following considered an asset:
- SQL Server
- Exchange Server
- Solid understanding of networking, TCP/IP, switches, routers and DSL
- Understanding of Active Directory, domains, and user permissions in a Windows environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and commitment to customer satisfaction and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
OT Group is one of the largest independently owned office technology suppliers in Canada. We are focused on providing exceptional customer service, industry-leading technology products and substantial financial value. We have seven locations in Ontario with our head office in Belleville to our branch locations from Markham through to the Quebec border. Our capable team of approximately 60 staff members live and work in the regions they service which helps to reduce our environmental impact and ensures the best possible response times to our customers.
Under the same ownership since 1988, our company is preparing to implement a significant growth strategy and is looking for a Remote IT Support Technician to join our team.
This role will be based out of our Belleville location and will support our customers remotely from our office location. The compensation range for this position is $19.25 to $23.50 per hour, based on experience.
As a top employer in our industry, we take pride in offering our employees an exceptional place to work. We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive compensation and health benefits
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth and development
- Work/life balance
- Shareholder and pension opportunities
- Company social events
- A family oriented environment!
Our Remote IT Support Technicians have a variety of responsibilities. They will assist our customers with the following service offerings:
- Managed IT Services
- Infrastructure Design and Support
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Server Hardware, Software and Desktop/Mobile Solutions
- Cloud Based Phone Systems
- Electronic Document Management and Workflow Solutions
With the potential opportunity to work remotely at times, a protected internet access is required in the remote office location.
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to customers, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OT Group will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Type of Job: Permanent Full-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: 19.25 - 23.50
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: Jul 31, 2022
To apply follow these instructions
Please follow this link to apply:
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.