Senior Administrative Assistant
Community Living Belleville and Area - Belleville, ON
JOB POSTING NO.: ADMIN 20-01
DATE OF POSTING: February 11, 2020
CLOSING DATE & TIME: February 28, 2020 at 4:00 pm
18-month full-time contract SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We are presently seeking applications for the above-noted position. This position will be commencing in March 2020 and will be covering an 18-month maternity leave.
Community Living Belleville and Area supports people with intellectual disabilities to live a full, valued and rewarding life. This means living in their own home, being an important part of a welcoming community, enjoying friendships and healthy relationships with other people and making a meaningful contribution to society through work and volunteerism.
Senior Administrative Assistant:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing all aspects of administrative support for the Board of Governors, the Executive Director and the Administration office.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- College diploma in office administration is preferred but will consider other relevant education and/or experience. Previous experience in a not for profit organization would be an asset.
Must demonstrate the following Competencies:
- Interpersonal Relations
- Organization and Time Management
- Computer skills – Windows and MS Office proficiency (including Access)
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Relationship/Network Building
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Must be someone who demonstrates tact, excellent judgement, discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- High degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction in a demanding work environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Community and Social Services, the Ministry of Children and Youth, The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 would be an asset.
- Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the duty to comply with Employer responsibilities as outlined therein.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide administrative support to the Boards of Governors and the Executive Director.
- To provide support to the staff in the Administration Office.
- To organize and support funds development and grant applications so as to secure alternate sources of funding.
- Overall responsibility for planning and logistics of the Mayors’ Challenge Golf Tournament and other fundraising events.
- To co-ordinate public relations and communications activities.
- To promote community engagement and support community partnerships.
Type of Job: Full Time, Temporary,
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: Feb 28, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.