Senior Bookkeeper ( Remote- Ontario)
Remote ( Ontario)
- A minimum of 3- 5 years accounting and bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multiple business support organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm
- Post-secondary education in accounting ( Certificate or diploma)
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (an asset)
- Experience with Sage 50 ( Required)
- Experience with Plooto and Square or other AP/AR and Bill payments software (an asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel
- Experience with payroll and GST/HST
- Familiarity with document sharing and messaging applications like: Google docs, Slack,17 hats, Aero workflow, Dropbox, Hubdoc)
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full charge bookkeeping: end to end bookkeeping for multiple businesses for various industries
- Payroll Management (including year-end forms and summaries)
- Maintenance of electric document storage
- Managing invoices to customers
- GST/HST, EHT, WSIB calculations and remittances
- Preparation of year-end notice to Reader working paper files and financial statements
- Process bill payments
We are looking for a Senior Bookkeeper for our client in Ontario that services clients remotely across the province. This is a full-time ( Remote) job opportunity.
The bookkeeper we are looking for will be:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Comfortable in a tech-savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications
- Organized and able to work independently while taking initiative
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment
- Top-level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce and maintain
- Confident to work with multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
- Dedicated to business growth and passionate about cloud accounting
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
To learn more about our program and how we work with businesses and bookkeepers go to https://findourbookkeeper.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A bit about Find Our Bookkeeper™
We are Watkin Small Business Services, an accounting services firm that has developed a recruitment and referral services program called Find Our Bookkeeper™ where we work with businesses, and accounting firms, who are looking for skilled bookkeepers. We work to connect a business, or accounting firm, with a qualified, talented and driven bookkeeper that is the right fit for the business’ needs, industry and goals, and where the business is also a good fit for the bookkeeper. We are NOT a placement or employment agency.
Salary Range: $40,000 – 48,000 per year
Hours : 37.5 hrs./ wk
Reference ID: 0321-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
Type of Job: Permanent Full-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $40,000- $48,000 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closes: Apr 30, 2021
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.