Student Program Assistant
St. Leonard’s Community Support, Prevention and Residential Services - Belleville, ON
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30, be enrolled in or have recently completed a post-secondary education in one of the following fields: Social Work, Law and Justice, Criminology, Child & Youth Care, Community & Justice Services, Police Foundations.
Additional criteria include:
- A mandatory, current Vulnerable Sector Check
- A strong ability to utilize customized software and excellent Microsoft Excel and Teams skills
- Effective communication, strong time management and organizational skills
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including some early mornings and late evenings
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certification is an asset
St. Leonard’s Community Support, Prevention and Residential Services is a not-for-profit agency servicing youth and adults in the justice sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Communicate with local police services and O.P.P. regarding referrals
- Complete administrative duties, including client file set up, case notes, and correspondence
- Communicate with clients (youth) and their families/supports
- Assist with development of action plans based on clients’ relevant skill strengths and needs
- Assess and investigate eligibility for social benefits
- Refer clients to social services or assist clients in locating and utilizing community resources including youth groups, counselling services, treatment centers, etc.
- Assist with funding applications
Type of Job: Full Time, Summer Position,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.00 per hour
Closes: May 28, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
Submit your resume and cover letter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will be accepted up until Thursday May 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.