Student Success Facilitator
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) - Tyendinaga, ON
• Relevant 2-year diploma with experience, preferably in an Indigenous educational environment, or a combination of education, training and experience which FNTI deems to be equivalent;
• Ability to facilitate virtual classrooms through the use of online platforms
• Considerable lived, practical and relevant working experience of Aboriginal/Indigenous issues
• Successful candidate must provide a satisfactory CPIC and vulnerable sector check
• Valid Ontario driver’s license; ability and willingness to travelNotes:
• For the duration of this contract, the successful candidate maybe required to telework
• At this time, there is one vacancy, however this posting may be used to fill additional SSF positions
• Establish and sustain student relationships bymaintaining on-going communication with students of assigned cohorts; assisting them with all course/program related non-academic issues, responding to enquiries between sessions, aligning appropriate resources, etc.
• Forwarding information to the Records Office such as confirmed class lists and grades in a timely manner.
• Produce student records, such as; progression charts for PAG, grade reports, potential student completion lists;
• Organizing and leading student relationship building through cultural activities such as; feasts, crafting,virtual clubs and spaces,assisting with ceremonies, etc.
• Responding to general program enquiry as part of admissions process, including enquiries with regard to partner admissions processes;
• Post offer/enrolment, maintain frequent contact with students, answering enquiries and providing program information up to the start of the first session;
• Supports student through the advance standing credit process by receiving complete information from the student for Prior Learning Assessments (P.L.A) and/or transfer credits and forward to the Records Office in a timely manner;
• Set up aspects of session/delivery; order books,other learning materials; instructional technical supplies; projector, television, PowerPoint, snacks, transports or arranges to have materials delivered when applicable.
• Facilitating virtual classroomsthrough video-conferencing platforms
• Provides last minute logistical support as required; photocopies,break-out rooms;
• Prepare, execute and collate feedback for student evaluations
• Liaise with other members of the Program Team and FNTI staff;
The Student Success Facilitator(SSF) is the first and on-going point of contact for learners, following their admission to programs, as specifically assigned by the Director, Learner Success and Service Delivery. SSF’s develop and maintain successful relationships with learners and faculty to support students, enhancing their success and FNTI’s profile. SSF’s will be required to effectively organize all aspects of delivery session set-up including attending sessions and to provide support to students and faculty. The SSF also assists with admissions/ recruitment in the conversion continuum (prospective students from applicant to registered student).
This is a Contract position to March 31, 2021
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To Be Determined
Hours: To Be Determined
Closes: Aug 10, 2020
To apply follow these instructions
Applicants, Please forward cover letter, resume, and two references by August 10, 2020:
Samantha Souliere, HR Manager
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however,
FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous ancestry who self identify.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.