Warehouse Associate Manager
Habitat for Humanity Restore-Prince Edward Hastings - Belleville, ON
- Post-secondary education, with a preference to those who have completed programs with retail or warehouse competency components
- Individuals with equivalent work experience in warehousing, logistics, inventory management and control will also be considered
- Must have at least three years of heavy vehicle operation (written proof required)
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s licence.
- Access to a vehicle.
- Criminal background check is required
- First-hand knowledge of and experience in retail and warehouse environments.
- Firm understanding of inventory management & control and loss control systems and programs
- Able to demonstrate ability to organize, schedule, assign, evaluate, and coach staff and volunteers.
- A team player and can achieve your operational goals with minimum supervision.
- Understand inventory and logistical analysis and can prepare and provide operating and variance analysis reports as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to ensure effective communication with customers, volunteers, staff, and potential donors
- Excellent computer skills, are experienced using the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and can use other web-based database and customer/client/donor tracking applications.
The Warehouse Associate Manager (WAM) is responsible for all logistical aspects of materials and items donated to and sold by the Belleville ReStore. The WAM is also responsible for establishing proper evaluation and acceptance protocols for materials donated by corporate and business partners and the public. materials and minimizing waste processing by the ReStore. The WAM also manages the waste diversion efforts of the entire organization (including the Affiliate Office), with a goal of managing waste and recycling processing in a zero-net-cost or revenue-generating manner. In conjunction with the ReStore Associate Manager (RAM), the WAM is responsible for building relationships with businesses and other organizations throughout the communities we serve, with a goal of generating donations or acquiring salvage opportunities to ensure a consistent stream of high-quality furniture, appliances, fixtures, home décor, and home building, repair, and renovation tools and materials for sale in the ReStore.
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be Determined
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closes: Aug 15, 2020
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.