2022-02 – Labourer – Operations
The Corporation of the County of Prince Edward - Picton, ON
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of related work experience
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act with completion of Traffic control and Fuel Handling
- Proven ability to safely operate vehicles and equipment including tractors, sprayers, weed eaters, mowers and other related tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment at all times
- Cash handling experience including float management and balancing of funds
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as required; regular hours of work for this position will include weekends
- Valid “G” Driver’s License; “DZ” would be an asset
Do you enjoy working outside? Do you have experience operating different tools and equipment? The County is looking to fill the positions of Labourer-Operations.
- Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, this position performs seasonal labourer duties assisting with the maintenance, repair and operation of various infrastructures, grounds and construction tasks
- Duties will vary by season ranging from general parks, roads and grounds maintenance, to garbage removal including the operation of Landfill sites
Type of Job: Full Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $22.89 to $23.97 per hour, as per Band 4 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement (competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS)
Closes: Jan 19, 2022
To apply follow these instructions
Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on January 19, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.