Environmental Health and Safety Intern (4 months)
Kellogg's - Belleville, ON
• Minimum of 4 months full time
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal and presentation skills -Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations
• Candidate must be enrolled in a related program and returning to school.
• Excellent PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications. Able to learn quickly other inhouse software systems
• Strong analytical, research, and related skills
• Solid project, time, and self-management skills
• Strong problem solving, persistency and decision making skills
• Minimum of 70% or B or 3.0 GPA (Major); 2.7 GPA (Cumulative)
Own transportation to the manufacturing plant needed. City bus is available 7 days a week and covers most hours of work. Student is responsible for own housing arrangements with some local, pre-screened options / information available.
- Developing analytical & statistical tools/reports with our inhouse software for EHS related metrics and indicators
- Assist in the gap analysis, development, and enhancement of EHS Programs
- Assist in EHS audit preparation / gap analysis activities
- Assist in the development of new approaches to enhance leading indicators programs and campaigns
- Optimize and update Chemicals database and software along with establishing procedures, processes and audits for chemicals control
- Providing support for Natural Resources Conservation engineering projects
- Participate in Environmental initiatives within the manufacturing plant
- Participate and lead continuous improvement activities in within the EHS department
- Creating, Updating and delivering EHS training materials for new hires, and current employees. Special focus on chemical safety
- Participate in interdepartmental working groups to work on projects from CAPA analysis tools. -Coordinating and planning training projects
- Inputting data and creating Key Performance Indicators
- Collaborating with multiple internal departments and interface with various levels of employees & management to complete tasks.
- Studying work processes through classic work measurement assessments including Time Studies, Flow Charting, and writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyze and troubleshoot current processes to recommend continuous and permanent improvements
Type of Job: Full Time, Temporary,
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be discussed
Hours: Full time
Closes: Feb 21, 2022
To apply follow these instructions
Interested and qualified students for this position must apply through our recruiting portal at
This vacancy is used for all seasonal student and specialty intern openings. IF you are qualified and interested in one of the specialty internships (Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety or Quality Food Safety please clearly indicate that in your cover letter. We do not accept emailed resumes and letters all must apply online.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.