JBS Foods Ontario Inc. - Belleville, ON
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- 1 to less than 7-month full time work experience in a physically demanding job, similar to the food processing industry
- Working knowledge of production equipment
- Willingness to take the time to learn the proper, safe way to perform any task
- Ability to understand and apply safe work practices and principles
- A ‘safety first’ attitude
- Motivated with core values of ownership, accountability and determination
- Basic English skills
- Ability to lift up to 23 KG
With approximately 3,300 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada’s largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS
Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
During the pandemic, we have implemented many safety measures including offering unlimited PPE, constructing permanent physical barriers in the employee cafeterias, and establishing physical distancing protocols.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a full-time Production Operator to join our team at our JBS Ontario facility in Belleville, ON.
As a Production Operator, you are part of a team producing retail ready fresh meat products for our customers. These products include beef, pork, veal, ground beef and fresh sausage products. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Transport raw material from warehouse to production floor for further processing
- Measure and dump raw material ingredients into processing equipment for blending and mixing
- Work closely with production team to understand and ensure product quality and specifications are met as per JBS food safety and quality standards
- Sort and tray finished product for packaging, wrapping and labeling
- Work closely with QC to understand and ensure customer specifications are met with regards to traying, wrapping and presentation, labeling, pricing and packaging.
- Monitor and identify critical control points and take action and/or advise Supervisor on issues that may impact food safety and quality.
- Clearly understand how to operate production equipment safely in order to complete daily tasks.
- Pack finished product to pallets for transport to material handling warehouse
- Understand emergency shut down procedures including identifying all emergency shut down switches on all processing equipment.
- Understand and monitor processing equipment and make minor adjustments as necessary while reporting mechanical problems to team leader/supervisor
- Ensure processing equipment and production area is clean and sanitized daily.
- Understand and apply food safety principles as per Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) recognizing that “Quality is Everyone’s job 1’ and demonstrates that understanding through action and words
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physical demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing
for extended periods, Bending, Crouching, kneeling. Cold/refrigerated environment.
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Group Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Pension | Career Growth and Continued Training
Mailing Address: 240 Jamieson Bone Road, Belleville ON, K8N 5S8
Telephone: 613-771-7304 Fax: 1-343-600-0687
Type of Job: Permanent Full-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: Competitive Starting Wage: $17.00-$21.07 as per Collective Agreement, Group Benefits and Pension
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: Mar 18, 2022
To apply follow these instructions
Apply online: https://jbsfoodcanada.ca/careers/open-positions/
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.