Temporary Home Aide Position
Community Living Prince Edward - Picton, ON
- Enrolled in DSW, SSW, BST Program, PSW or other post-secondary human service field diploma – consideration will also be given to those with working experience as opposed to enrolment in current program who are contemplating pursuing a career in the human service field or whose skills match the job duties outlined
- Demonstrates a value base in keeping with the mission of Community Living Prince Edward and that supports communities where all people belong
- Ability to perform basic cleaning, cooking and laundry to support ongoing household needs.
- Valid Full G Drivers Licence & access to a reliable vehicle would be an asset
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Fully vaccinated for COVID19 with a Health Canada approved series of vaccines
Community Living Prince Edward supports people with an intellectual disability with full participation, inclusion, and citizenship in the life of the community. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience that will benefit you as you pursue or contemplate a career in the Human Services Field. This temporary/seasonal position will help to provide an enjoyable, comfortable, clean, and well-maintained home for people we serve to live their best life possible.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist people with in-home recreational activities, hobbies, educational and virtual opportunities
- Help people to maintain their social and natural support network connections i.e., phone calls, letters, through technology, etc.
- Assist with home management supports such as cooking, cleaning, running errands, laundry, etc.
- Communicate any significant changes in person’s physical, emotional, or spiritual well-being to members of the support team
- Participate and ensure a positive team environment
Type of Job: Full Time, Part-Time, Temporary,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.00 per hour (plus $3.00 per hour Temporary Wage Enhancement as approved by MCCSS)
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week including days, evenings, and weekends
Closes: Jan 24, 2022
To apply follow these instructions
Submit Resume to Roxanne Bird, Director Human Resources at Roxanne.email@example.com
Community Living Prince Edward is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need to accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.